Saturday, February 20, 2010

Mouse scroll wheel hack

Progress for the mouse wheel feature in processing.js.

This is the hack. They call it a hack, as it was not intended for use with processing. It just so happens that any Java code written in processing works, I believe. So I think all I need to do here is the same thing, add a hack. It's already possible to use the mouse wheel in processing.js, as I show here Note, this only works in Firefox that I know of, it does not work in Chrome or Opera. This is without adding anything to the processing code. Because processing.js uses javascript, any javascript is valid code, so I wrote a simple mouse wheel event in javascript using DOMMouseScroll.

I want to clean up the code in the example, though. That's my next task.

No comments:

Post a Comment