Sunday, January 31, 2010

emulating the bug, #133

I've started to tackle the #133 bug, or in this case, a missing feature. The idea is simple. Allow use of the private keyword in Processing.js.

Ah, technically, I don't think this is a bug, but a missing feature.

What I have done.


I setup a simple example, that creates an object that holds a number, and returns the number. It can be viewed here. The black square shows up, which is as expected as I have not broke it yet.

I also setup the same example, this time using the private keyword. This can be found here. I noticed the black canvas does not load, because there is no support for the private keyword.

I've started to go through the processing.js source, and after all this initial setup, I've hit my first real task. Find where, and how, the private keyword must be created or used.

Ok, here is the documentation on the private keyword in processing, note, this is the regular, Java based version, and not the JavaScript one.

And here is the documentation for the private keyword, in the JavaScript version, which works. I figure this would be a great place to start, as I may just need to flip that. Here is a test of the public keyword, working as expected, and this is the processing.js source code that I must work with.

Ah, I think that's enough for this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment